Our Industry branch team
A major part of the Dutch industrial sector is situated in the North of the Netherlands. Just think of the various companies located in Eemshaven and Delfzijl. Various of our experts are part of our Industry branch team. During structural sector team meetings, we aim to share recent sector specific knowledge and developments. Within our Industry branch team, we assist clients in, for example, the chemical sector, the pharmaceutical sectors, recycling companies, the food sector as well as the oil and gas industry.
Due to the location of our offices in Groningen, Emmen and Drachten, we have short lines with the regional parties, such as the various authorities, and are aware of the local circumstances concerning a particular project. If necessary, we are able to be at your company within an hour.
(Legal) Issues you might come across
- Environmental law; Wabo, environmental permits, European directives and regulations, BATs, the Activities Decree, the Environmental Act, waste management, IPPC facilities, BRZO facilities, environmental impact assessments, external safety, laws applicable to soil contamination and emissions.
- Natural law; Nature Conservation, Species Protection and Area Protection Act (Natura 2000).
- Water law; water permits, water withdrawals, discharges and use of industrial water.
- Spatial planning; environmental zoning, zoning plans, environmental plans, provincial ordinances and structural visions.
- General administrative law; for example subsidy schemes, generally binding regulations, Wob decisions about, for example supervision and enforcement.
- Employment law; employment contracts, dismissal, illness, accidents at work, Inspectorate SZW, Risk Inventory & Evaluation (RI&E), employee participation.
- Corporate law; shareholders, shareholder meetings, directors 'and officers' liability.
- Privacy issues; General Data Processing Regulation (GDPR).
- Contract law (with, for example, suppliers or customers) and liability law.
- Competition law and State aid.
Who you might/will have to deal with:
- Regional implementation services (Environment Agency Groningen, RUD, FUMO);
- Regional water authorities;
- Provinces (Groningen, Fryslân and Drenthe) and municipalities;
- Contracting parties;
- Subsidy-providing parties such as the SNN;
- Other competitors.
Our service to you
You can contact us for our legal services in a broad sense. Our specialists work together on providing companies in this sector with an all-around service. Naturally, we are able to represent your interests, handle your legal administration and undertake legal action for you if necessary.
In addition to the services outlined above, we are also able to provide:
- Temporary in-house (company) lawyers: there are situations in which you may be temporarily short of capacity (for example due to illness, leave or departure of company lawyers), but it also happen that you require one of our experts to complete a particular legal project. Our experts with knowledge of a particular industry regularly help clients in-house by working at a particular company for a few days a week.
- Knowledge transfer: if there is a broader need for more knowledge among your employees, we can set up a training program for your employees that focus on a specific area of law. In-house training often offers a solution for minor legal subjects.